Monday, June 18, 2012

Books Books and More Books




I have tried to gather and collect all the books I can since we are homeschooling our children. And I am wanting to organize these books by at least subject, and someday age/reading level. This is a huge task that maybe I am just crazy to even try to attempt! I started about a year ago and got somewhere but never finished. The other day I found an app that is for classroom library and it works for me in someways but doesnt quite help me out. Now I have about half listed in excel. As I am doing this I am wondering how to store these books where they are easy to get to when needed. Please any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm - I think for matters of homeschooling I would organize by age/reading level first. That way, at least you know you're pulling a pile of kindergarden level books, and not just a bunch of books on fish that may be way over her head.
    Storage? I would say totes (Yes more totes!) that you can label easily.
    After that is done - then work on subject arrangment.
    But that's just if I was crazy enough to try this with our books. ;)

    ReplyDelete