Friday, March 30, 2012

Its not a Sprint its a Marathon!

I could not be more nervous running in this 5 k coming up in a short 7 weeks. This week I knew I had to increase my running times. As I was heading out the door Monday I was ready to puke because of my nerves! I didn't finish my time because of my nerves but also due to no open public restrooms on my route.  A mother just cant run and have to pee at the same time! he he! 

Wednesday I got up and I completed my goal.  It went much better than I thought. Maybe it was because I saw 3 dogs on my route that could "get" me and that was motivating to run away from them too. HA HA!

 I can say proudly that I can go about 2.5 miles! WOW!!! Never thought I could EVER do that. It was not easy at all. I have to keep telling myself to just keep going. I was reminded of the phrase "Its not a Sprint, its a Marathon!" Which helps me out a lot along, with listening to worship songs, to just keep going.


1 comment:

  1. I am just in awe of you! I can't even run a mile.
    Keep up the awesome work - I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete